I am a Technical Artist at Netflix. I have 5+ years of experience in gaming industry and IT with 2 shipped titles and 3 years of experience as a strategy and technology consultant.
I possess excellent artistic and technical skills demonstrated through proficiency in Maya, Unity, Houdini, Unreal, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance. I am flexible with any program.
I have been awarded with Technical Arts Advanced Diploma with distinction from BCIT. I have learned how to make procedural and automation tools in Maya with Python, create shaders in Unreal, simulate and model in Houdini, develop an asset validation and publishing pipeline, make games in Unreal with blueprint visual scripting, and create procedural materials in Substance Designer.
In addition, I have 3 years as a technology consultant and am an SFU (Simon Fraser University) MBA (Master of Business Administration) graduate. As a consultant, I have analyzed and improved business processes and shared expertise by coaching junior members. This experience has proved to be useful in managing art team workflow. I strive to help artists maximize their potential and performance, and driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
After relocating to Canada, I decided to switch my career and broke into the entertainment industry. I am amazed by the hard work and dedication that goes into creating products that keep players engaged.
[ Building experimental, creative games to steer Netflix’s technology investments ]
• Owning the visual style of multiple small prototype projects that can help emphasize the core design
• Collaborating closely with Tech Artists, Engineers and Designers to realize the vision of the project
• Prototyping, iterating and experimenting with styles with an eye towards making efficient and striking assets, 3D scenes, 2D, animating elements, VFX and UI elements both in 3D and 2D
[ Synthetic data platform used for machine learning of self-driving cars and drones ]
• Building procedural generation of 3D worlds for Parallel Domain's customers, which include Google, Toyota, Woven Planet, and Continental
• Driving procedural content creation processes using Houdini, Unreal, VEX/Python/C++
• Utilising 3D content authoring techniques and real-time rendering concepts, such as UVs, LODs, and instancing to ensure consistent and high-quality outputs from procedural systems
• Partnering with other procedural artists, content creation team, and engineers to create realistic 3D environments and simulations of roads, buildings, AI-driven characters, vegetation, and infrastructure
[ Shipped AAA title FIFA22 ]
• Partnered with artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows
• Created and improved art production workflows and pipelines by evaluating current tools and identifying inefficiencies
• Resolved technical issues, and ensured that artist requests are followed through to a resolution
• Developed and maintained tools in Python, C# for Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer, and proprietary technology
[ Worked on mobile title Turbulence Tycoon ]
• Created mobile game assets in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications
• Integrated assets into game engine, verifying the quality of objects in the game, and making improvements where necessary
• Collaborated closely with the programmers to define technically and visually satisfying solutions
[ Shipped mobile title Neopets: Island Builders ]
• Partnered with internal and external stakeholders, such as art, UX, dev, QA, design teams, and contractors to ensure the quality and timeliness of all deliverables are met.
• Obtained insights with SQL and Power BI, and used KPIs to set product success goals and inform necessary changes to the game
• Scheduled the project and maintaining planning foresight
• Maintained effective informational flow and collaboration to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
• Actively participated to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
• Shared knowledge and recommending best practices in working with game engine and 3D assets
• Ensured that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards
• Created complete world environments including landscapes, buildings, and individual objects. This includes 3d modeling in Maya, UV mapping, texturing, lighting and exporting to Unity engine
• Sculpted stylised characters in Zbrush, retoped, and textured with hand-painted technique in 3DCoat
• Guided art to meet product goals by creating Unity project structure, naming conventions, documentation
• Wrote shaders using node-based shader creation tools such as Amplify for various visual effects, such as stylized water, clouds, crystals, and sand
• Organized art department workflow, assigned and prioritized tasks, planned sprints, holding product meetings
• Generated ideas and solutions that are creative, inviting, and enhance the appeal of a game
• Created artwork for many phases of the production process including marketing and other promotional materials
• Developed full educational online courses for Udemy in digital sculpting, texturing, and real-time rendering
• Contributed on production in Unity and Unreal Engine for VR Oculus Go
• Designed layout models for a famous theme park
• Reviewed external assets and adjusted them to meet quality standards and to function correctly in-game
• Optimized assets for a game with efficient retopology and UV mapping
• Made 3D game assets from concept art with high and low poly modeling, sculpting, texture and vertex painting
• Created tillable BPR textures made solely in Substance Designer for an in-house game project
• Prepared models with baking, UV Layout, and lighting, and presented them with rigged animation
• Programmed databases with SQL and integrated IT systems; shared expertise by coaching junior members
• Participated in several projects in strategy consulting with optimisation of business processes and in implementing the ERP system.
• Attained a sufficient level of experience in strategy consulting, business management, became accustomed to a highly-paced workflow, working with clients, ERP Oracle Order Management, and SQL.
• Optimised clients’ processes within management consulting and Oracle ERP system implementation projects: gathered client requirements and analysed data, wrote functional designs for developers, conducted user trainings, documented procedures, introduced ERP into client work flow, provided support and built client presentations
• Shared expertise and created a cohesive team environment by supervising junior members through internal trainings and mentoring
• Additional courses: BeSchool (Case Study, Soft Skills Development), BearingPoint SAP ERP Academy